Saturday, May 21, 2011

Be Extreme!

Extreme Networks Asia Pacific conference recently take place in Bali, Indonesia. I joined in the pass three days with my management (Bugh and Lee). First time to Bali (ops should I say first time to Indonesia? ^^), like here weather is hot & humid, quite few time we take shower but feel sticky on body as well.

Surprisingly, this time flying with Malaysia Airlines. Now only realize that all the while I was flying with budget Airline. So, seat is bigger, foods (I like the peanuts) and drink is unlimited supply, multimedia enjoyment, nice airport (LCCT like production factory), variety language newspaper supply and nice crew. Unfortunately, limited food choice on main course.

First day, after arriving we are given a warm welcome by a driver pre-arranged by organizer community. They assist on carry bags, luggage and offer us cold mineral water. Hotel just 20 minutes away from airport, which is the best hotel I stay ever (Sands Singapore is superb luxury but not as nice as this). By having a super king size room, I slept well for over three days. Later I will post some photos in room and hotel scenery. Stay tuned.

After having some local foods as our lunch in hotel, we had our very first opening event, CEO and others welcome us. Then was continue by a welcome seaside cocktails at night time. I did meet back some friends from Bangkok Extreme training. I did not really enjoy the foods but there are some nameplate maker providing free hand make wood nameplate for all the guests. Everyone were busy queuing up for that and did not even bother foods. Seem weird right?

Second day, conference continue with speech and presentation by Extreme Management staff from US (very often I saw them on youtube video, but this time just stood in front and talk to us). New product launching, APJ partner sharing winning experiences, are some activities throughout the days as well. We were served by an wonderful western food (out from hotel) at the end of days at night.

Third day, we break out down to region and had a direct 1:1 discussion with Extreme key person. I did asked some technical question but seem was not well response back (perhaps, my question is not clear enough). After that, we go for our team building activity. I went for water rafting. After going thru, I felt like this is not a dangerous activity if you follow the instruction from instructor. I would like to try out this in Malaysia soon. Heard Malaysia water rafting is more challenge, I am waiting for that. ^^ But so sad, I didn't bring over my own camera for that activity. So, just waiting photo from other. During the award night, my team managed to get first place, I did not even know it until the announcement is made.

Overall we had a fun trip. Hope to step into Bali again soon.



Bugh and Lee on their seat before first conference.




Some photo in hotel conference rooms. Purple anywhere.


A pond near to my hotel room.

Great view from my room.

A walk way to beach.

Near shot 1 - Lemongrass flavor soap in room.

Near shot 2 - Empty notes from hotel.

Near shot 3 - Aqua as our primary drinking water in hotel. Mostly is bottle with secure cap.

Main dinner course.

Photo during dinner with and without flash light.

Traditional bali kite as free gift from organizer.

No comments: